Thursday, January 7, 2010

Potato Crust Quiche

034

I thought this was the coolest idea for a quiche. A hash-brown-like crust of potatoes encases an egg filling. I chose this for New Year's brunch because my friend has wheat/gluten allergies, and the usual flaky butter crust would have been out of the question. I used a simple cheese and scallion filling instead of the mushrooms and leeks in the original, since we hate mushrooms and my friend doesn't eat ham, bacon, or asparagus (the other things I had on hand). Will I make this again? The crust was a bit time-consuming for my tastes, and I needed more in the filling for my own personal tastes, but it was fun to try it once.  I might play around with it in the future.

Update: In the process of editing, I think I deleted the recipe!  You can find it on King Arthur Flour's website at: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/potato-crust-quiche-recipe.

024
Brushing the crust with oil.

025
Adding scallions.

026
Topping with cheese.

027
Adding the egg mixture.

032
Run a dull knife or spatula around the edges to loosen the quiche, unhinge the springform pan, and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're asking me to share the recipe. Sorry, but I can't read Chinese that well and my online translator isn't very accurate. I posted the link above.

    谢谢,
    雪丽

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.