Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Got the Versatile Blogger Award

I'm flattered that Brandi, Leslie, and Amanda of Three Fabulous Mommies thought of this blog when passing on “The Versatile Blogger” award.  Thanks to the three of you for following What About Second Breakfast?  Be sure to check out Three Fabulous Mommies, and the other great blogs below.


The rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.  (I got lazy and did 10)



Seven facts about Shirley:
1. I speak on the conversational, not fluent, level of Mandarin, and know only a few phrases of my grandparents' dialect, from Hainan, China.
2. I LOVE cats.  I'm not a hoarder, but I had 2 and recently lost 1 so I'm sad.  :(
3. I like using spreadsheets.
4. I enjoy fantasy novels (did my blog's title clue you in?) and Victorian and Regency lit.  Jane Austen, Lord of the Rings, and A Song of Ice and Fire (the Game of Thrones series) rank at top.
5. I never learned to swim, but that didn't stop me from hopping on a jet-ski once!
6. People assume I have hoity-toity food tastes, but fast food is a guilty pleasure for me.  Don't even think about touching my fries.  Seriously.
7. My mom didn't know she was having twins until the doctor said another one (me!) was coming.



10 Versatile Bloggers (in no particular order):

1. Adora's Box
2. Tracy's Culinary Adventures
3. Anecdotes and Apple Cores
4. IndianSimmer
5. Just One Cookbook
6. All Day I Dream About Food
7. The Culinary Chronicles
8. The Sweet Swiper
9. Cats and Casseroles
10. A Pinch of Sweet

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the honor and for thinking of me! You are so very kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley! Congratulations on your award and it was really fun knowing about you more. The twin part was really funny. Also, thank you for passing me the award. I've done several of awards in the past, but I'll mention your name in my post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the award, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.