Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ming Tsai, and Backyard Veggies




I've never been interested in putting my mug on this blog, but it's not every day I get a photo op with Ming Tsai! The renowned chef of Blue Ginger in Wellesley and Simply Ming on PBS came to support the opening of the Asian American Journalists Association Convention in Boston. He was a sweetheart, and there are hopes he'll be doing more with our group in the future!









On to the rest. No recipes in this posting, but I have been munching happily on homegrown tomatoes! Aren't they beautiful?



I love the sweetness of the grape variety, and they're perfect for just throwing in salads. And the basil plants are growing in the same pots like weeds. Tasty weeds . . .



Did you know eggplant plants grew flowers? I had no idea. Pretty purple ones.



And this guy is still small, and the only one on the plant. I wonder if it's ready for picking. Come to think of it, I don't think I bought the big variety. Now, what to make with it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.