Sunday, July 22, 2012

Boston Globe review: Pogo's

Tiramisu French Toast
Shirley Goh/Globe Staff
For breakfast with a Portuguese flair, gut-busting portions, and dessert-inspired first meals of the day, there is Pogo's in East Bridgewater.  This place is known for its heaping platters of food, so it was funny to see the waiter's reaction when three of us ordered two entrees apiece to get a good cross-sampling of the menu!  Read my review in today's Globe South in The Boston Globe.

Read the review with all photos at BostonGlobe.com here.
If the subscriber pay wall comes up, you can still read the review at Boston.com here.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a detailed review and it's great you added quotes from the owners...it makes it a very nice read :)
    I wish we had this place here coz i have a sweet tooth and would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My editors usually require quotes from the owners if I can get them. If you're ever in the area south of Boston, you'll have to try it!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that looks SO good! I rarely make big breakfasts like that, so on the rare occasions that we go out for breakfast, I love ordering decadent waffles or French toast. Because I know I probably won't make them myself anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have to have company to make a big breakfast like that. And most of the time, company tires me out too much for such an undertaking anyway. I think I'm in the savory camp for breakfast, but it was nice to have a little of everything.

      Delete
  4. Just came back from the article. Great review! I'm a big breakfast eater and I used to love going out for full breakfast. Now with the kids, we rarely go out as much but we still eat a big breakfast especially on weekends. That French toast looks so good and insane... LOL! I need a big group of friends to go together. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.