Sunday, July 1, 2012

Boston Globe review: The Chicago dog in Boston

Windy City dog
Shirley Goh/Globe Staff
Well, south of Boston.  This was a fun review, though I think I ate my fill of hot dogs for the entire summer and then some.  The Chicago hot dog is a very particular combination, and I got some "native" expertise thanks to my friends Karen and Janet.  There are also plenty of nontraditional hot dog combinations on the menu.  


Click here to read all about them in my review of Windy City Eats.  You can also watch a video I made of the owner putting together the "ultimate Chicago dog."  That link has all the photos and video, but if you run into the subscriber pay wall you can still access the review and video here.


As always, I welcome any suggestions for places to review on the South Shore!  Have a happy 4th!

6 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you're writing reviews now! I love reading them, even if I live nowhere near the restaurants you're writing about. ;) And I guess I'm a bit of a traitor, because I'm originally from Chicago and I *never* liked the Chicago-style hot dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I've been trying to find places that are a little different. I didn't know you're from Chicago! I honestly didn't know if I'd like the dog since I'm purely a ketchup gal, but it was a pleasant surprise. And if we're talking traitors, I'm a native New Yorker (Brooklyn), but I've never had one of those hot dogs from a street cart in Manhattan -- it seemed unsanitary to me and not really appetizing sitting in that warm water all day.

      Delete
  2. yay! Off to check out the review! Even though I cannot just eat it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Shirley! Do you get to choose which place to review? If you ever come to SF and review (by any chance) let me tag along~! Muhahaha! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get to choose, with a few rules. No place that has been reviewed in the last 5 years, no chains, etc. Someday, I'd love to see SF!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.