Sunday, September 9, 2012

Boston Globe Review: Korean Grille

Korean Grille Collage
Photos by Shirley Goh/Globe Staff
I was excited to do this particular review because Korean barbecue is a favorite of mine.  I have fond memories of my parents taking me and my siblings to Flushing, Queens, in New York to eat it.  The restaurant had grills built into the tabletops, and it was fun to watch my parents cook it.  When I got home and hung up my jacket in the coat closet, it still smelled like that delicious beef, and so did my hair.  I was a little disappointed that Korean Grille does its grilling in the kitchen, but the bulgogi is so good you can overlook that.  The restaurant has other Korean specialties (that's bibimbop above the bulgogi), as well as sushi.

Click here to view the story and photos.  If the subscriber pay wall locks you out, you can still read the story and see one photo by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. I love Korean food, and this restaurant looks so good! I always order bibimbop and all the bbq stuff. It's something I cannot make it at home especially bibimbop (I like the crunchy burnt rice!), and now I'm craving for it... :) I enjoyed the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nami! I once tried a bulgogi recipe from the NY Times, but it didn't taste right so I have to agree about not being able to make it at home. I just loved the Korean pancake too. So good.

      Delete
  2. Sure, I'm a bit biased *grins sheepishly* but this spread is worth a million bucks {at least} ^.^ This looks fantastic! I can see why it's one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.