Sunday, September 30, 2012

Boston Globe Review: Savoring Moroccan Hospitality

Moroccan Collage
Clockwise from top: Plate of goat cheese, feta, gorgonzola, pickled veggies, pita wedges, and olives; mocha latte with amaretto cookie; and Mrouzia chicken, topped with caramelized onions, plump raisins, and toasted almonds.
This has been one of my favorite assignments.  I also love the headline by my colleague Wendy that ran in the print edition: Savoring Morrocan hospitality.  It summed up both my experience and what I think the chef/owner's mentality is at Cafe Paprika, a Moroccan restaurant in Norwood.

Lahcen
I submitted a different photo of owner Lahcen Abaichi for the paper, but I wanted to share this personal one here. After his initial camera-shy protests, he said, "Wait, you have to get me with my photo of my mother."
You can probably guess at my verdict, but read all about it at: http://bo.st/PP3aRR.  I'm still thinking about those tagines and desserts.

4 comments:

  1. I love Moroccan food! But I don't think I've ever had the wrinkly olives. :) Seeing as I'm a little bit obsessed with olives, I'm going to have to find those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I'm thinking I have to learn to cook some.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I've been to Moroccan food only once (if not, probably twice!). How sad, right? I've been to this famous Moroccan place in San Francisco too (forgot the name but he's a famous Moroccan cookbook author). If I were in Boston... I'd totally tag along with you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you remember the name, let me know! I wouldn't mind looking up the cookbook.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.