Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Are you sick of pumpkin recipes yet?  Apparently I'm not.  Right now my friend Jacob must be thinking, "Where's the chocolate?"  I had actually planned a couple of savory, non-pumpkin recipes for this week, but then I wanted to bring a sweet to round out the pizza at an event for journalists I helped organize.  So I went with the seasonal favorite, pumpkin.  And who can say no to caramel cream cheese frosting?  The cupcakes were a big hit, and people asked permission to take home the last few.  Granted, of course.

Pumpkin Cupcakes on pedestal

This recipe from Tracey's Culinary Adventures produces a light and moist cupcake, slightly sweet and nicely spiced.  I thought it needed very little frosting, less than you see here.  The caramel flavor doesn't really come across in the frosting, so I would skip making the caramel and just go with a plain cream cheese frosting recipe.  Now, what should I make with the other half a can of pumpkin?

Reminder: I have a new Facebook page.  Please visit and "Like" it!

For the recipe, please visit Tracey's Culinary Adventures.
If your cupcake papers are a little smaller like mine are, you'll get about 20 cupcakes.  The baking time remains the same, but check them for doneness at around 20 minutes instead of 25.

9 comments:

  1. I will never be sick of pumpkin recipes. Never! I love how you did the frosting. I wish I could get mine to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used a star tip, and instead of piping in a circle from the outside in, I piped in a circle from the center out. Funny how reversing it produces such a different effect.

      Delete
  2. I follow your facebook page now - glad you made it! :)

    I always love pumpkin recipes and I don't get tired of my pupmpkin spice latte, so no worries! These cupcakes look so yummy. The best part is that caramel frosting!!! Ohhhh I will allow myself to lick the top first (which I always tell my kids not to do it. Haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nami! I love frosting, but I really liked the cake in this one. Or maybe I'm just getting old... when I was a kid the frosting definitely would have been the main attraction. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh the frosting sounds so good! I would finish half before frosting the cupcakes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That *might* be a good thing, since I had half the frosting left over! ;)

      Delete
  4. These look fabulous and I am definitely a frosting kinda gal. Gotta have my frosting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, no way am I sick of pumpkin recipes, are you kidding me? This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I don't believe pumpkin season is over after Halloween. There's still Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.