Friday, June 21, 2013

Chinese Glass Noodles with Shrimp, and Guest Posting at Ang Sarap

Chinese Glass Noodles with Shrimp

Have you ever tried fen si, or Chinese glass noodles?  They're not to be mistaken for the more common rice vermicelli, or mei fun.  I'm guest-posting today at Ang Sarap, and chose this childhood favorite when Raymund invited me over.  Can I say how thrilled I was at his invitation?  I'm constantly impressed by the range of cuisines Raymund makes and posts, not to mention the volume of them.  Too often I see Asian recipes lumped in one category, their distinctive characteristics muddled together.  But Raymund brings us his native Filipino dishes, along with Vietnamese and Japanese recipes, and cuisines beyond Asia.  Ever wondered about Kiwi cuisine?  Raymund's got a recipe.

To find out the difference between fen si and mei fun, and to get the recipe for Chinese Glass Noodles with Shrimp, visit Ang Sarap.  You'll probably wind up staying there for a while, checking out all Raymund's cooking.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for Guest Posting, truly appreciated your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, and thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  2. So nice to meet you over at Raymund's space, Shirley! Love glass noodles with shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kiran! Look forward to getting acquainted with you in your own space.

      Delete
  3. Used to eat fen si a lot! Your glass vermicelli looks so delicious with the succulent prawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta check it out now! Looks beautiful, Shirley! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say that I know the difference so I guess I am heading on over to be schooled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.