Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boston Globe review: The Bloomy Rind

Bloomy Rind cheese slate
Shirley Goh/Globe Staff
Check out my review of The Bloomy Rind in Hingham, Massachusetts.  It's a cheese and gourmet foods shop with a chef who used to cook for Todd English.  This is a cheese slate at the shop with manchego cheese (on the left), camembert (on the right), spicy plum chutney, Picholine olives, dried apricots, Medjool dates, and fresh figs.

Even if you're nowhere near the south of Boston, you might be interested in all the cheeses and gourmet items I tasted.  There were so many, I couldn't fit them all in the review.

Read the review here.  If you run into the subscriber pay wall, the review is also available here (but with only one photo).  Again, I'm open to suggestions of South Shore restaurants and food places to cover!

4 comments:

  1. Argh, I used to live near a shop like this--I need to find another because I miss it! That spread in the photograph looks like the perfect thing to bring to a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that camembert is one of very popular cheese in Japan but I don't see too many of that kind in regular supermarket here. I don't drink much wine (just sip) but I love cheese.... Great review on the site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think camembert is pretty fancy, so the average supermarket might not stock it. I really enjoyed it at room temperature paired with a fruit chutney or spread. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave some comment love.

Please post any questions in the comments, but if you need to e-mail me I can be reached at secondbreakfastblog at gmail dot com.